Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 17

Just a short update because I am tired and it is getting late. Overall a pretty good day. The diarrhea is under control and the mouth sores are pretty much gone. I have a slight fever that I seem to get every afternoon and then it goes away during the night. I have a cough from some nasal drainage. The swelling in my ankles has reduced to where they are almost looking normal. I saw Dr. McSweeney this morning and he thinks things are going well but would not send me home tomorrow due to my white blood cell counts. He knows it is my Doctors call since Dr Matous will be the hospital doctor all week. We will see what happens tomorrow morning. Here are my counts: platelets= 16, red blood cells =28.8, white blood cells ANC 400. The ANC count decreased from yesterday but the total white blood cells went from 600 to 1000. I am not sure how to read this. I will ask Dr Matous tomorrow. Take care. Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    So glad to hear the mouth sores are pretty much gone and the diarrhea is mostly under control. It all sounds like good news to me! Keep up the fight!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete