Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 10

Happy Easter! The doctor came in today while I was here. There is a small possibility according to the lab work today that Jeff might be having some early engraftment. He said that goes with the labwork and how the patient feels. Jeff has been almost diarrhea free for 18 hours. They want him to give his weekly poop sample--they gather one each Sunday--but so far, he isn't able to give them one. Dr. also said his numbers will probably go back down with him getting his last dose of methotrexate tomorrow. After that there should be a slow steady climb of white blood cells. That was really fun news to get. He cautioned us to take it with a grain of salt as this ISN"T an exact science. Two units of packed red blood cells have been given this afternoon even though his rbc's are not below 24. The dr. wants them on board before the methotrexate tomorrow. His big Easter present was a different soda pop today. We walked for 15 minutes this morning. He is taking less opium today.

Deanne typing now...Monica and I are here again, we brought the boys and Grammie is out playing with them right now while we visit with dad. He's feeling lots better today, which is good to hear. He's getting some blood right now, so amazingly enough his face has good color right now, his nose is even a little pink! :-)

Ta-ta for now, dozing off...

Platelets--19; Red blood cells--25.3; White blood cells--0.2; ANC--80

6 comments:

  1. That sounds very encouraging! I bet you're all excited.

    I'm going out with "my" Paul in about 45 min. Don't even question my reasoning... cuz I can't give you an exact reason-we're all different.

    Keep up the great work Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Jeff,

    Looks like things are beginning to slowly turn around for you. I'm so happy that you're are seeing some improvement. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! Great to hear things are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter dad! I'm glad this was a better day. I hope you continue to improve and that tomorrow is just as good, or better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news Dad. I hope that you had a good Easter. I will hopefully get to skype you tomorrow. I will let you know how Paxton's dr. appt. goes. Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete