Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 15

I had a pretty good night last night. I slept well and the diarrhea was minimal. I didn't get any blood products but will most likely need red blood cells tonight. Here are the counts:
Platelets=20, red blood cells 24.1, white blood cells ANC 440.

I saw my Doctor this morning. He says he will send me home if I am doing well Monday morning. I am going to be IV pole free shortly. They are stopping the IV tacrolimius and going to pills this evening so I will only be hooked up when getting antibiotics or blood products. It will be nice to not have to drag the IV pole everywhere I go.

It is snowing like crazy out my window. Nanette decided not to try and come today since the roads are bad and there is a winter storm warning for lots of snow. I walked for 30 minutes today and am eating OK. I still do not have an appetite but force myself to eat. They were counting my calories but discontinued counting this morning. That's the update for today. I just need to resolve the diarrhea issue and life will be great. Take care.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Sounds like you are doing better today. We hope you get to go home soon. That will be a nice change for you. Take care.

    Love, Ken, Karen & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dad, glad things are going well. Sorry I didn't call today, we will call u tomorrow. That's great that you walked for 30 min. and are eating so well. Keep it up, we're glad things are going relatively well.

    ReplyDelete