Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 0

Day 0:
It is 1042 am and Jeff is getting his cells now!!! They premedicated him with benadryl, ativan, tylenol, solucortef prior to the transplant. We both have been a little emotional this morning prior to the cells being given. The doctor started them dripping at 1005. Jeff was up for good at 0645 and has just been in the waiting mode until the doctor and nurse came in for the giving of the cells. He is getting one bag of cells---but there are 6 million of them! They collected 12 million from the donor. There were only 3 million needed--per the nurse this am. The lady who was here last night to receive the cells and check them told me that they were "beautiful cells." She also said the courier had a message from the donor. "My prayers are with you and I hope this gives you a new chance at life." Of course I cried. Jeff just said we will officially count it as his birth when the last cells go in. Want to make a bet on the time? Thank you--all of you--for your prayers and kind thoughts. We know without a shadow of a doubt that they are heard by God!!

Blood counts
Platelets 12 Rbc's 29.8 WBC .3

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! I'm so happy for you. What a marvelous person the donor is. It will educate many people to know what can be done for others. Enjoy your new lease on life.
    Love, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you dad and mom. You can do it! I'm guessing his new birthday will be at 2:22PM. Keep pushing, you're amazing.
    We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,

    Awesome news! We are so greatful that everything has gone well. Happy Birthday!! You must feel younger already. My guess is 3:16 PM!

    Love, Ken, Karen & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO JEFF GO! You will probably get the cells faster than I can type this since I am retarted on the computer (but are you impressed that I am trying?) Thank heavens for your donor who is your angel in waiting and a charitable and compassionate person! HAPPY BIRTHDAY at whatever time but I will put in a guess for 3:33 PM. We love you both very much. The way you have handled all of this is an inspiration to us all. Love,Sue and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all praying for you (even Samantha mentions you in most prayers) and know that you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jeff! "It's a he, no wait is it a she?" You are loved no matter what your DNA says! I'm praying for both you and Nanette.
    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Kathy's comment was funny. I am so grateful for your donor! She sounds like a very kind woman. I love you! I hope you have a good night tonight.
    Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Dad!!! Love you! You can dooo it! (Think of the guy in every Adam Sandler movie!) Love Monica, Jeremias, and Brendan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with everything. We've been talking a lot about you in our family and are all praying for you. You've been in my thoughts a lot this past week. Hang in there. The best is yet to come. :)

    ReplyDelete