Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 16

I had a pretty good night last night. I was able to sleep well between interruptions. The diarrhea slowed down and remained under control until this morning. I took a dose of opium this morning and the diarrhea seems to be back under control. My body decided to dump fluids on its own so I urinated all night. This is good because the swelling in the legs and feet are going down. The doctor did not have to give me lasix since my body is doing it on its own. This is the result of the white blood cells forming and reporting to duty. I do have a cough which is new. Here are my counts: platelets=14, red blood cells 23.8, white blood cells ANC=528. I did require 2 units of blood last night since me red blood cells were below 24.0.

I saw Dr McSweeney this morning. He had nothing exciting to say. He noted the increase in my white blood cells but said he has seen better. He is not very motivational. Dr Matous will be the hospital dr next week, so that will make us happy.

This is Nanette now. It is 1:30 and I just got here. I have snow blown at least 20 inches of snow. It is still snowing cats and dogs down in Parker. As I got closer to the hospital, the snow changed to rain. The winter storm warning was to expire at noon, but they extended it for Douglas county--Parker and south until 6pm tonight. There are to be around 5 more inches of snow before it stops. I didn't get here yesterday, and wondered about today. The plow came through this morning. It took me an hour yesterday and an hour today to snowblow. It is Colorado cement!! Heavy and wet!! I was so glad to get here and see that Jeff isn't hooked to any iv pump or pole except for when he gets blood, electrolyte replacements, and his antibiotic. He looks naked without it. Happy trails to you. I am thrilled to be here today. It felt really weird to be gone from 4pm Thurs until today...not normal at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your day is going well today and that you're ready to go home tomorrow!
    Love you guys,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete