Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 14

The internet started working again this afternoon so we are back in business. I had diarrhea most of last night. It stopped around 8AM this morning and has been under control since then. I am being careful the kind of food I eat in case it is a factor. Hopefully it will stay in control this evening. The doctor thinks it just may take some time to heal my intestines from the chemo. As the white blood cells build they will do their healing thing. The doctor and nurse practitioner were the same ones from yesterday. They said I would not be going home Friday. Their two concerns are the diarrhea and they would like to see the white blood cells above 500. Here are today's counts: Platelets=23, Red blood cells 25.3, white blood cells ANC=450.

We were given our discharge teaching this afternoon. Nothing that we haven't read in our books except I will not be allowed to have fountain drinks. The concern is that they do not clean their lines so bacteria may be lurking. Nanette left about 4PM and is having a cleaning party at the house tonight. So I have a quiet evening ahead and will watch "the office" and go to bed around 9PM. Take care. Thanks for reading, your comments, and your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Success! We got lots done at home...I'm sure mom has already told you. Got Mikey back in one piece, home safe! Love you have a good night. Don't let them bug you too late...

    Love you (lots & lots, foweva & eva) ;-)

    De & Mikey

    ReplyDelete