Friday, March 27, 2009

Day -5

It was a short night last night. Went to bed at 12:30PM and woke up at 7:30AM. I was up every hour going to the bath room because of the chemo being so late and all the fluids. I saw Dr. Matous about 8:00AM this morning and he is going to move up my chemo to 8PM so I am not up so late. That will be helpful. I just got more lasix this morning to keep from swelling up due to the fluids. No insulin shot because I am in the normal range this morning. That will most likely change by lunch after the steroid premeds I got this morning. Time to go to the bathroom the lasix is kicking in.

Blood counts. Platelets=34 White blood cells=3.4 Red blood cells=25.8.

I am just finishing up my chemo for the morning. The premeds and chemo are the exact ones they gave me yesterday. The blizzard is over and the sun is out melting. Nanette said we only got about 10 inches at our house so she will not be snowed in. She has to snow blow then has a hair appointment. She should be in here around 2:30 PM and the roads should be melted by then.

Physical therapy visited this morning and adjusted my stationary bike. She also gave me a sheet to keep track of my exercise and a rubber band type thing to work my arms. The hospital chaplain came after lunch and visited for 15 minutes. She was nice and offered to help in any way she can.

Nanette arrived about 2PM and stayed until 8PM. We walked right away for 30 minutes because I was unhooked from my machines for a while. I got in 75 minutes of walking today. I started my second round of chemo about 8PM tonight. I should be able to get to sleep about an hour earlier, maybe 11:30. I got an insulin shot this evening. One of the chemo drugs has a sucrose base and it causes my blood sugar level to go up in the evening. That's it for tonight. We will do laundry tomorrow. Nanette & I met the wife of a patient today. They are from Billings, MT so she stays in a hotel at night. We are fortunate to not have to commute from too far. Nanette can go home each night if she wants. Take care.

2 comments:

  1. I like the nice new blue background! Much better than the plain white. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are blogging about your experience. I have been wondering how you are doing but didn't want to bother you or Nanette with phone calls. Thanks for keeping me updated. You are in our prayers!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete