Monday, March 30, 2009

Day -2

I had a pretty good sleep last night. Chemo finished around 11:15PM and I went to sleep for an hour. The nurse had to take blood at 12:30AM to "type it" in case I needed a transfusion so that was my first wake up call. I got up almost every hour to go to the bathroom but fell asleep each time. I finished my last chemo this morning. It was melphalam which I have never had before. They had me suck popsicles and ice during the 30 minutes that they gave the chemo. This is to try and reduce mouth sores.

I walked for 65 minutes but may be done for the day. I am getting my premeds before they give me the ATGAM (ATG) rabbit stuff. It will be benadryl, solumedrol & tylenol. They say that this will not be too much fun to get the anti rejection drug. I get it today about 4PM and then again tomorrow. The stem cells (bone marrow) are still scheduled for 1 April Wednesday but they said it could happen Thursday depending on the arrival time of the cells.

Nanette came around 10AM and Monica & Deanne came by during their lunch hour. It snowed about 3 inches down south in Parker so Nanette had some traffic trying to get here in the morning. She is going to stay later tonight to see how I react to the ATG.

Blood counts. Platelets=26 White blood cells=3.0 Red blood cells=25.2

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    We are sorry you had a rough day -2. We hope Day -1 is easier. Hopefully the cells will get there on time on Day 0. We will be thinking about you! Take care.

    Love, Ken, Karen and Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better and got some rest tonight. Love you!

    ReplyDelete